The Pediatric Acute Care Cardiology Collaborative will:
- Support the network centers to achieve goals
- Organize and present conference calls and provide annual in-person conferences
- Provide evidence-based information on inpatient acute cardiac care
- Provide tools to help with implementation of process changes
- Coordinate communication across all centers to provide participants with analyses regarding the effectiveness of changes and work of their colleagues
- Provide secure HIPAA-compliant data management, including electronic data entry, storage, and analysis
- Partner with existing networks in pediatric cardiology with a goal to develop more efficient capture and sharing of clinical data, as well as generate efficiencies that provide value at the hospital-level
- Facilitate comparative effectiveness research across centers and the network
- Work with the care centers to create equitable access to the data to advance knowledge
Click here to learn more about how to get your center involved
Each PAC3 member site has one Clinical Champion. Click the image to learn more about the role.
PAC³ Sub-Specialty Networks
Advanced Practice Provider/RN
As advance practice providers/registered nurses in Pediatric Acute Care Cardiology Collaborative (PAC³), we aim to improve the safety and quality care of our pediatric inpatient cardiac patients in partnership with physicians, other healthcare professionals, and families. We will have a partnership with each other to share our clinical, research, and advocacy expertise. Being at the bedside on a daily basis puts the APP/RN in a unique position to evaluate current processes, identify areas in need of improvement and integrate new learnings from other institutions. We will also partner with other national medical collaborative organizations and national parent advocacy groups. With these partnerships, we each will gain multiple avenues to enhance our professional development and provide practice improvements. We will have the opportunity to meet with each other during conferences and develop partnership and collaboration.
Data collectors in the Pediatric Acute Cardiology Collaborative (PAC3) aim to submit timely and validated data in order to support efforts to improve cardiac acute care outcomes across the collaborative. The use of data for real time quality improvement projects, as well as research investigations, drives the desire to provide sustainable data collection methods of the highest integrity. The PAC3 data teams agree to collaborate across membership sites to facilitate sharing of best practices and new, innovative ideas in order to optimize the utility of the data while limiting collection burden.
Cardiology Fellow PAC³ Member
The Pediatric Acute Care Cardiology Collaborative (PAC³) aims to improve the quality and value of care for pediatric cardiology patients within cardiac acute care units. Fellows are essential members of the team on the acute care unit and can play an integral role in quality improvement initiatives. Fellow members of PAC³ have the opportunity to learn about and participate in local and multicenter quality improvement initiatives and outcomes research. Additionally, PAC³ membership will expand mentoring opportunities and allow you to work and learn from leaders in the field.
- Learn QI skills through didactic sessions and hands-on QI projects
- Access the PAC³ database for research
- QI and research mentorship
- Networking with acute care cardiologists from across North America
- ABP MOC Part 4 credits – points earned during fellowship can be used for your first 5-year MOC cycle as an attending.